Recently we offered our tips on branding basics via our Instagram account
Here’s a breakdown of the tips we shared.
- Don’t paint yourself into a corner – choose a name and colour scheme that will allow you to grow!
Research online and check if anyone has registered any of your shortlisted business names.
Look at different colour schemes of other businesses online and see how it might work for your business.
- Do your research into branding and #ip (intellectual property) legal obligations. 📝
Speak to industry experts about your obligations and rights in relation to branding. 🖊
By taking these steps you’re well on the path to MAKING IT HAPPEN!
- EXPERIMENT! 🌈
Hold a focus group with close family and friends.
Get their thoughts on logos, tag-lines and your short list of brand names.
Take the feedback into consideration and use this to move forward.
If you’re able, try and ask potential customers.
- Whatever you decide for your branding, make sure there’s an obvious synergy between it and your business. 💬
You don’t want to spend time explaining your branding name or choices when you could be working on securing new opportunities!
- Think of your brand as a person – Blonde 👱🏼♀️brunette or👨🏽 older👴🏻?? 👲🏾👳🏾👩🏻🎤👨🏼🍳
Who would purchase from you?
What’s their job title, their family situation? Additionally, think about the future and the implications of selling a business and handing your name over to someone else.
- Once you’ve chosen a name, colour scheme and have a #branding guideline document (if you don’t have one of these we have some fabulous contacts who can help!) you’re on the way to building your business! 🖊
But where to next??
That’s where a public relations campaign will help generate awareness of your business, your products and/or services. 📌
- Make sure your workspace reflects your values. 🖊
Especially if you intend on hosting clients, make it a welcoming place. If you’re working from home choose a cafe or restaurant that sets the standard you want your business to reflect.
- Is your name readable? Choose a font that’s easy for people to understand and decipher. There are few things worse than trying to spell or explain your brand name to someone. 🖊
Another reason why it’s important to get feedback on your final version of your logo.
- When you think about Sydney as a “brand” what do you think of?
The coat hanger – our iconic bridge?
The Opera House?
When you’re developing your business brand, consider the elements you want to be remembered. ➰
Try and work these into your brand name, tagline, colour scheme! ⤵️
- Never underestimate the value of a professional!
They’ll help define and “shape” your brand logo, any graphics and documents you require. 🖊
We have a range of graphic designers that we call on for our own work and that of our clients. 🖊
If you need a referral, let us know. We’re always happy to connect you with one of our fabulous service providers.
Contact us today to see how we can help your branding needs