Our Intern Jordyn has created a list of the ways to make your Instagram profile stand out.
I thought it was about time we looked at a social media channel that isn’t Instagram!
I thought I’d share three reasons why I love Twitter. I know, for some, Twitter doesn’t get the best “wrap” but in my opinion and in my industry, it really is a go-to source.
- Relationships formed with people – I’ve made some great friends in RL via Twitter and some people I’m yet to meet. Twitter allows you (like other channels) to connect and voice an opinion. (I’ll come to this later). What I like about it is being able to find people who share a common interest and connect with them. Sure you can do this on other channels too, but for me, Twitter is one of the better places to do this.
- Following breaking news & trends – After switching on the radio when there’s a major breaking story, I’ll jump on Twitter straight away, enter a relevant hashtag and monitor the news. When searching for trends for our clients, I can see what their competitors are tweeting (if indeed they are on Twitter) and see how the conversation is tracking in any particular space.
- The opinions – Okay, so this has its good and bad aspects to it. Again, just like on any social media channel, you’ll have your “negative nellie” and unfortunately you’ll have trolls too. BUT this aside, being able to converse in a space with opinions from right across the globe, really can open your eyes.
So, is Twitter for you? Well it all depends, what industry you’re in and ultimately what you’re hoping to achieve by joining Twitter.
If you’d like to see if Twitter is for you – select our WHICH SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL IS FOR ME package and we’ll provide insights as to where we believe you should focus your attention.
I’ve been searching for apps to up our Instagram game.
Here’s a list of a few that we thought might help YOU.
They Say: “Hype your Stories with automatically styled and designed motion typography.
Don’t use those tired tools that everyone else uses and expect your content to shine bright, like a diamond.
Short of words? We got you.
With the tap of a magical little button automatically pull random, meaningful quotes to give context to your story that may have not been there to start. ”
We Say: An awesome app to take your Instagram stories to the next level.
They Say: “Adobe Spark is a free online and mobile graphic design app. Easily create beautiful images, videos, and web pages that make you stand out on social”
We Say: This is our GO-TO app for all things social. Trust us on this one and download the app immediately, if not sooner!
They Say: “Just import a long video, and CutStory will cut it up and save it in your smartphone’s camera roll as fragments of 15 seconds or any other length”
We Say: Genious! Who hasn’t wanted their video to stop cutting out on Insta Stories, right at a critical moment?
Also, take a look at Continual which does the same thing!
Tell me, what apps are you loving at the moment? I’d be interested to discover more!
I was talking to a potential client recently and mentioned that Pursuit’s core value is that Pursuit doesn’t offer a “cookie cutter approach” service agency. (I have noticed the irony that every time I mention this to a potential client, it’s the only element that is a “cookie cutter” approach!)
This value was the very reason why I started Pursuit. It’s my belief and experience that if you work with a business to deliver a service they need, the relationship will stand the test of time.
What works for one company, won’t work for another.
It’s that simple.
Budgets are different, values are different, goals are different, therefore the service I’m offering should be different and ultimately, the cost for our services will be different.
That’s why I’ve created a few offerings that will help guide businesses into making the right decision.
“What is Public Relations? How will it benefit me?” is a one-on-one consultation with me (Pursuit Founder, Brooke Simmons). I will ask you key questions to help you decide if indeed it is Public Relations that you need, and if it is, how it can help your business.
You’ll walk away with three Public Relations tactics that will help your business and a summary of consultation notes. 45-minute session.
The next offering “Which Social Media Channel is for me?” We understand that with so many options available for businesses, it can be a daunting decision.
I will help YOU select the social media channel that will deliver maximum results for your business.
I will also provide tips on how to integrate social media into your current marketing plan.
PLUS I will make recommendations for next best steps and materials you’ll need to get up and running. 60-minute session.
I created these services, with our core value in mind and to guide businesses of all sizes through the minefield that can be Public Relations and Social Media.
Tell me – what do you like about personalised service?
I’d love to hear in the comments below.
Recently I contributed my thoughts to a piece on Video Marketing and Social Media in 2017.
As I see it, video MUST be a part of your social media and general marketing activities. If only for the higher levels of engagement it offers.
As the article points out “A study of Australian users revealed that social media users watch 51 minutes of video content every day.”
If you’d like to read more about my thoughts CLICK HERE.
To discuss how video marketing can help you business, contact Pursuit Communications today, for an obligation free consultation.
If you’ve joined me over on Instagram you would have seen my three tips for taking your Instagram account to the next level.
Here’s a wrap-up of what I covered.
- ROCK your biography. This is your chance to highlight what it is you do. Use strong words and make sure the link drives traffic to your product or service AND you’ve referred to it in your most recent post.
- Style your posts. Check out our feed as an example. Keep it consistent, don’t make it too hard to replicate (remember you’re going to be using this style day-in and day-out!) and make sure it’s easy on the eye. No harsh colours or hard to read fonts.
- Use other apps to UP your game. There are so many apps out there to make the most of your images. My current favourite app? Adobe Spark. It takes your images to the next level!
If you like these tips and you’re trying to decide which channel best suits you sign up to the “Which Social Media Channel is for Me” service. Alternatively, if you’re looking for more direction on Instagram or Facebook why not sign up to our Social Media Audit.